The Scientist's View

11.28.2008

Thanksgiving

We had a delightful Thanksgiving at home with H.M as our guest.


How could one give thanks without Champers and bacon?




A Thanksgiving still life by morning's light - Mimosas with orange and grapefruit juices.




H.M. was here for Thanksgiving and she made biscuits - her first time ever. They turned out great!




I made an apple pie (and crust). Turned out pretty good - I have not made crust in awhile so the dough ended being a bit overworked - but the pie looks good and tastes super yummy! I think Rome apples make the best pie but I could not find any - so I used another old reliable - Macintosh.




The relish tray - pre-dinner.




I cook my turkey in an oiled brown paper bag. It is a bit unusual - but it works beautifully. The bag keeps the turkey juicy and moist and the skin still browns up nice. It is a bit messy - but worth all the bother. Dry turkey breast sux.




Dinner! We had turkey, stuffing (in the turkey), mashed potatoes, candied yams, pan fried corn, green bean casserole, broccolini, muffins, cranberry, and butternut squash soup.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home