The Scientist's View

3.30.2007

How many closet case Republicans are there?

Wonkette had a little piece linking to a Kentucky blogger called DownWithTyranny! that has a fun little piece about Mitch McConnell who apparently got bounced from the service for preying on military chicken.

Aside from the content of the piece, there are a couple of fun comments. This one is my favorite:

Well progressive bloggers should out him. If people are in the closet that's their choice unless they harm gays, then out `em.

A good ol' fashioned outing for the self-loathers. HBO could make this into a good follow-up to Rome.

The second comment.

Progressives will not........ Huh? Whaaaaaah?

Someone must have been thinking with their typing fingers. I had to read this headline several times before it made sense.

How about "Progressives will not use McConnell's hypocritical anti-gay stance AGAINST HIM IN ATTACK ADS while he's in the closet."

Once I understood that, my reaction was "Why the hell not?"

Calls for outing closet cases along with the ACT UP die-ins this week harkens me back to the 1980s.

Next thing you know, Michelangelo Signorile, will be outing self-loathing closet cases on his blog, The Gist. Note that he did start posting again this past week after a 2 year hiatus. He might be scratching around for some flashy content. You know, everyone LOVES an outing!

Apparently getting some Republican closet cases outed would be like shooting fish in a barrel. The closet is getting a bit full in Washington since there hasn't been a good purge in awhile. I'd say that the rules are set such that only those threatening to vote against ENDA get targeted.

Now there is something HRC could do to help get ENDA passed. They could threaten closet cases with a full-outing unless they vote in favor of ENDA. We might get enough Republicans to get past cloture!

And you know what, I'd volunteer to be a HRC Field Representative in this potential endeavor. I'll wear a little blue dress, troll the bathrooms around Union Station (that pesky rumor never seems to die), and bag at least one closeted Republican. I'm sure there are enough political saavy gay sluts out there to help bag a few more - remember to save the DNA!

Speaking of the 80s.
I did see a Members Only jacket on a straight young guy at ShamrockFest. He wore it just like Johnny Aprile in the Sopranos. I fear its a matter of time before this fashion diaster makes it around again.

I am still seeing young homos in light colored Izod shirts with popped collars. Jesus kids, you have been doing this for years now. Just stop. Please.

One 80s fashion that I am DYING to see get resurrected: the squarish corduroy OP shorts. Those shorts, with the stiff cloth and wide pant leg, were made for cruising box - and occasionally the snake would peek out. Good times. I've got a Bert's Surf Shop T-shirt waiting for when they come around again!

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Henry John Ceslewski Jr said...

Prior to testing Poz, I engaged in a lot of seemingly anonymous sex but because I had been politically active, i knew who a lot of politicians were even if they didn't know me. Nor did they need to know me, just my Favorite Orface and two did exacly that. One of the two, then a Cleveland City Council Representative, later voted AGAINST a FAIR EMPLOYMENT LAW and a FAIR HOUSING LAW INCLUSIVE OF GAYS of every stripe. I was later asked by a representative of the Cleveland Department of Health to name sexual contacts after testing Poz and guess whose name I gave them? The CLOSETED HOMO who was at no risk of having cvontracted HIV from me because all I did for him was SLOB THE KNOB...I bet he had a very intersting conversation with his wife at the dinner table later in the week after the health department contacted him at home! He's since divorced and been DEFEATED in his bid to get re-elected.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Henry John Ceslewski Jr said...

Another CLOSET CASE was also a Cleveland City Council Rep. Alan Kosan campaigned on Family Values but his OWN SLUTTY DAUGHTER HAD MORE THAN ONE ABORTION. Not too long after ALAN KOSAN was ARRESTED FOR SUCKING COCK in the same ADULT BOOKSTORE where I then worked. When ALAN KOSAN was DEFEATED by his constituants, he went to work for LESBIAN MARY ROSE OAKER, then a CONGRESSAL REP. WHOSE LOVER WAS ON THE WASHINGTON, D.C. OFFICE PAYROLL but NEVER STEPPED FOOT IN WASHINGTON OR THE CONGRESSIONAL DIStRICT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home