The Scientist's View

3.09.2007

Poor Chaka

These young ones are just crazy these days.

Garth (from the rugby team) came over last night and we had a four hour cram session for his biology mid-term today. Garth is a wonderful person. He is a teacher who has gone back to school to get a masters degree. In reviewing his transcript, the school figured out that he never took biology - now he has to.

So we talked about transcription, translation, respiration, photosynthesis, ATP, and so on. I was in professor mode and oblivious to the outside world - but the odd thing was the phone kept ringing.

Bubba was watching his TV and he didn't seem annoyed by all this commotion (as he is prone to be when the phone gets to ringing). Come to find out when Garth left at 11:30 that Chaka had broken his ankle at practice because someone substantial had fallen upon his leg. The phone calls were updates on Chaka's progression in the ambulance ride from the pitch to Bethesda and about the driving arrangements and so on.

I will give Chaka a holla today and catch up on all the drama. Bubba said that Delicate Flower said that Lee's foot "looked like it was going to fall off his leg". That sounds like surgery, pins and a cast. I'll keep you updated on how the percotinis are.

Dear Chaka's injuries will bring the party to a close for the Spring (before it even got here!). Can you IMAGINE what those Halo bitches would say if someone dared to show up in a boot on their foot? I'd advise Chaka to go for the Burberry plaid cast - hell they put it on every other accessory known to man.

In other news, Angry Hole is going to be here tonight for a quick weekend visit. I love Angry! We will be pouring beer at the ShamrockFest at RFK tomorrow as part of a fund-raiser for the rugby team - we have the fun shift (3:30-6pm). Angry and I should be out and about tomorrow night, we gotta see the YLs at some point, plus Angry is perennially single (I'm more worried about Angry getting action than Angry is). Chaka usually organizes the fun - but Jimbo has told me that he has a taste for Ginger lately. Perhaps we could have a little Remington's get-together??

Lastly:

The Matt Sanchez drama continues.

An intersting posting from Pam's House Blend on the matter.

4 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *might* have been one body separated from the foot incident last night and I am not gonna lie. It was F-U-G-L-Y. The knee and the foot should point in the same direction, not 90 degrees off.

But don't worry, the coaches informed us that the ankle-turned-laffy-taffy "might just be a dislocation." Riiiiiiiiight. Pay no attention to the bone shards behind the curtain....

See you tomorrow under some beer taps.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Mike said...

No way I'm gettin out there on the rugby field now...that's just nasty!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Um...I'll help Angry Hole get some action if he lets me! It'll be my birthday gift to myself!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Halo might not be the best place for crutches and a cast, but it certianly worked out for me at Remmingtons and the Eagle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home