The Scientist's View

5.16.2007

My civic duty

Hi All

I had to go to my parents down south for the Mother's Day weekend, followed by jury duty on Monday. I got seated on a jury and we had trial yesterday and today.

Some minor comments:

1. When trapped in the jury room, Jennifers* should not promptly pull out cell phone and start talking. Worse, Jennifers should not make repeated calls telling every new person the exact same thing that they told the previous caller.
*Jennifer is a term from Jimbo to denote a girl in the city who is so wrapped up in her world that she is oblivious to her surroundings. Jennifers hit you in a crosswalk while talking on their cell phone, Jennifers get drunk and fall on you, Jennifers burn you with their cigarettes, etc.

2. If a woman is wearing a pantsuit, and the pants are fairly tight - I think that is is not the classiest look when you can clearly see her underwear lines. Does not help me to judge the merits of the case when I keep waiting for the fashion police.

3. If Jennifer is going to wear open toes sandals and paint her toe nails, it really looks hideous when her cherry red toes are hanging OVER the front end of her sandal. I actually gasped audibly.

4. If you are a hot cop, you should NOT be wearing baggy pants. When hot, less is more.

5. If you are a hot US Marshall, see item 4.

6. If you need a date (or just some action), just hang around the Jury Lounge. There are more homos in there than in JR's. If you can't get laid at Jury Duty, you should just proclaim yourself a dowager.

7. If you have a chance to sit on a jury, do it. I have found it rather fascinating.

Well I have to go figure out what to wear today for Jury Duty and figure out what to have for lunch down at Gallery Place.

Note - If you are into older cop-types, they are ALL over downtown. The past two days have been delightful with groups of beefy guys in shorts and T-shirts walking together. Its like a Colt video come to life!

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're not getting all comfy at jury duty and wearing your super-stinky rotting leather clogs of doom, are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home