The Scientist's View

6.12.2007

Filled with Pride

Hey kids...Pride was fun!

Bubba and I had to run around separately on Saturday but reunited for some quick drinks with the neighbors whilst my new Pride ensemble was being washed that afternoon. I was running behind - had to jet off to the far reaches of Shaw to meet up with Jimbo. He is dog-sitting for us this week so I had to give him keys and $$$. (Bubba and I are up in Iowa this week looking for an arts and crafts bungalow to rent.)
Jimbo and I walked up to meet Bubba et al. at the beer tent at JRs. While most years I have watched some of the parade, this year it was dykes on bikes and that was all I saw. Mama had some cocktailing to do. Jimbo was in festive spirits and made eyes at the door guy at JRs - he was woof-tastic. No. 7 and the hubby hauled their asses up from the burbs to have some drinks. No. 7 is looking trim and fetching - I do think that I was a little handsy that night (it was the Pride that made me do it).
Butch and the Colonel and Big Box Andy and El Gordo were prowling about but did not catch them. Drank with a bunch of the rugby folk - Chaka popped in later- in the beer tent and then ran up the street for dinner.

Sunday was brunch upstairs with J&J and French Open - Nadal!!! Brunch was fab with bagels and lots of fresh fruit and coffee - the weather was perfect to laze about watching tennis and eating and chatting. Bubba and I got going around 1pm to Pride and promptly ran into EVERYONE. At the recruitment tent - Delicate Flower had the cutest little underwear (called baskit) and Shaggy was working his tits - those girls know how to recruit!

Bubba and I went down to the beer garden and drank beers and chatted - Good Times.

Then Bubba and I jetted home to clean up and head out for his birthday dinner. We went to the Chop House and had a nice dinner - and Bubba got some bling for his birthday. Love Bubba. By the time we got home - we were exhausted, far too tired to watch the LAMEST SOPRANOS EPISODE EVER!

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Mike said...

"Bubba and I got going around 1pm to Pride and promptly ran into EVERYONE"
eh-hmm....excuse me?
Wish I coulda gone...but the weatherworld called on me. At the station all day producing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home