The Scientist's View

9.10.2007

It is Fall...

I have been discussing the impending Fall weather....after a day that started with a temp around 60 and dropped the rest of the day with steady rain, Fall is here.

As an East coast person, 50 degrees in mid-September is unheard of. More like late October. Lows at the end of the week will be in the low 40s with upper 30s just to the north. Children, what have I gotten myself into?

Snow at Halloween? Bubba might just have an open revolt if that happens.

I bought some new and very fab Fall clothes which I got to wear some of today. Lots of rusty-orange colors. With the weather, felt very nice to change gears. One week ago, it was a low of almost 80 and sticky...what a difference a week makes!

Very excited about a trip to Rehoboth with Jimbo in a few weeks. We are going to have a nice Saturday to Tuesday trip to the beach and will be staying in Gay Central. My banana hammock has been washed and pressed and I have a few back issues of the New Yorker to catch up on. I only hope the late and sunny days of autumn will be with us. I spent many a day growing up at the beach in the Fall in NC - some of those late Sept and early Oct days were so clear and brilliant, it was like a movie.

It will also be nice to visit with Jimbo and have some R&R time to chat and catch up. There will likely be a few blog entries that will come from our exploits! Delicate Flower may make a showing and she is always good at stirring up the pot o' trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home