The Scientist's View

9.03.2007

Back in the saddle

Hi All

Well as promised I am back from my summer hiatus. The infamous paper is still not done but it is getting there.

So time to get back to posting:

Some festive things that have happened of late...

1. Planet Unicorn - Comes in 4 episodes on Youtube. Silly fun and work safe. It is a must visit. The link is for episodes 1 and 2 - see the remix in episode 4.

2. Kelly has released a hit single - LET ME BORROW THAT TOP. Jimbo passed this along. Not for work.

3. Bubba and I went wine tasting in Southern Iowa. Yup, there is a sentence I never expected to type but they do make wines in Iowa. Some are actually quite nice. The grapes are made from hybrids that can tolerate the cold winters and shorter growing season. Also alot of Muscat style grapes from North American grape stocks. Not my favorite taste - but can be interesting. We went to Summerset Winery in Indianola - they were having live music outside and it was PACKED. Some homos were there too. Bubba and I pronounced it good.

4. I had a fab trip to Rehobeth with my old neighbors in DC. We had a festive day trip and it corresponded with the 100 degree heat. The city was horribly hot but the beach was perfect. I look SO tan. Got to see some gays too which is good.

5. I love my job. Love. Love. Love. Such a good move for me.

6. Bubba got his entertainment center. I had to bribe him to move to Iowa....well, I paid up. 42 inch 1080p plasma, PS3 (can play Blu-Ray at 1080p), phat Yamaha reciever with sub-woofer and surround sound speakers. Bubba has his man-space almost done! The movies are amazing on this.

7. I'm going to post more regularly but I think that I am going to make my entries a little less preachy and a little more about the ephermeral things about life. Now that I am making money and have a job where I get some respect, I am losing alot of my overt bitter side. Yoga helps too....so there will still be weather and the occasianal rant - but much of the stuff will be softer.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. Fall starts tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Michael said...

glad to see you back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home