The Scientist's View

2.23.2007

An apology for my sloppy editing

Quick note to those who read my blogs. I am not a very good editor. I've re-read some of my blogs recently and I cringe at the simple mistakes. As a neophyte, I write my blogs as if I were talking, but I don't do a good job of then converting that into a proper written format. Jimbo's link to my HRC rant got picked up and placed onto some higher visibility blogs. I, in turn, might gain a few readers from this visibility, but I don't want them to shun my blog because I don't spend a few minutes to do some editorial clean-up before posting. If others take time to click, then I should try to look semi-literate.

I am tempted to go back and revise them. But I won't. It reminds me that the power of the written word is hampered by simple mistakes. It is the equivalent of using "ain't" - the point may be accurate but it is diminished by the presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home