The Scientist's View

3.15.2007

The mystery is solved

Jimbo is gettting his money's worth from his new on-line subscription.

Our favorite caveman at the gym has now been spotted on Manhunt. The description souded very close but the pictures sealed the deal.

Unfortunately, his profile is somewhat spartan - however if he is on Manhunt then he is at least bi-sexual.

So happily I can state that my gaydar is somewhat functional!

In other news, there was high drama on the Red Line yesterday. I was getting on at Shady Grove at 5:30pm and someone gets shot at the Rockville station at 5:31pm. So they shut down the Rockville station and no trains can go through in either direction.

Normally I would have been pissed at the thought of taking the Q2 Metrobus from Shady Grove to Silver Spring. I was even less enthralled with idea of taking a shuttle bus from Shady Grove to Twinbrook.

When looking at the Q2 schedule and eyeing the hundreds and hundres of others, I was getting a very sick feeling that I might be really fucked. Like it would have taken four hours to get home sort of fucked.

Fortunately, my subway buddies, whom I was shadowing, were doing some thinking whilst I was stewing. They got their act together and showed me the way. Amongst all the chaos, I watched them surveying the scene and looking for an out. And it was right in front of them. The popular subway buddy and his coterie made a B-line to the cab stand - I, and the other subway buddies, thought this was a great idea and did the same. So I split a cab with two other guys for a 30 dollar ride from Shady Grove to Twinbrook. That cabbie was thanking his lucky stars.

And I got lucky too - our cab was the last one and the mass of people was swelling by the minute as the buses were bringing in additional commuters. Two more minutes and I was out of luck.

I have never talked with my subway buddies - they are creatures of habit much like myself - Always the 5:30pm Metro. I sit at the distal end of the second to last subway car in the front row of the seats. An older gay gentleman (total opera queen) sits across from me facing backwards, a wacky scientist-sort of guy with chunky black glasses and a hipster style usually sits across from me reading all kinds of esoterica, and a wiry haired professor type sits in the middle of the car. He is the most popular of this group - he has commuter friends. It took me a few days of commuting to realize that amongst all the randomness of the city, there are comforting patterns.

Anyways - I got home in good spirits. The poor saps stuck at Twinbrook and trying to get to their cars at Shady Grove were walking up Rockville Pike. Made me realize that I will need to figure out a way home from work if the Metro goes down.

Its only a 16 mile walk!

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While Manhunt has been a good research tool, I wouldn't say it's been all that good at meeting my immediate needs.

I've already had 3 negative, pushy responses from needy bottoms who got mad when I wouldn't come over RIGHT AWAY to pound their holes. Why are there so many pushy bottoms in DC?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home