The Scientist's View

3.16.2007

Disturbing article in W

OK - time to come out of the closet. I LOVE fashion.

But in reading my newest W today on the Metro, I was confronted with some issues that I have never considered.

If you are 21 and getting Botox because you are worried about wrinkles, what the fuck am I spending my money on W for?

I have a wrinkle here and grey hair there. But I am also worried that young-uns are now dying their hair grey as a fashion statement.

Let's put that together. Dyed grey and having Botox to eliminate the "wrinkles" in the early 20s.

I didn't have a wrinkle to speak of in my early 20s - nor my late 20s. Can I actually think that people in their early 20s fear the process of aging so much?

I'd say it is a straight thing - but the young homos are talking about true love and monogamy at 21 too. Jesus - what has this world come to?

I'd banish W from my regular reading - but I might not see what Galliano has done in the recent Parisian shows. He has, again, outdone himself.

Still - Botox at 21?

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus H Christ! I think the problem is that you are staring to resemble this fella.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Botox gives you cottage cheese face later in life. Better to fill up those wrinkles with free carb-induced body fat.

I can tell you the boys at the university gym sculpt their eyebrows and primp right there on the gym floor in the mirrors. It's a horrible trend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home